* To cater to the higher educational needs of this area and poor and marginalized sections of society.
* To raise the social status of women by encouraging women’s education.
* To promote value based education, which in turn helps the overall personality development of the students.
* To develop higher cognitive abilities so that the students face competitive examinations successfully, after the completion of their graduation and post-graduation.
* To impart employable knowledge and skills suitable to the fast changing social economic environment due to globalization.
* To inculcate a sense of nationalistic outlook and sense of responsible citizenship in the student community.
* To provide career guidance and information communication technologies to the students to give them a competitive edge over others.
* To offer undergraduate programmes in Science, Arts and Commerce and postgraduate programmes in Science.
* To arrange guest lectures, seminars, workshops, symposia on academic topics and to conduct educational tours, field trips and industrial visits to stimulate the academic environment of the institution.
* To involve, all the stake holders for instituting scholarships and awards to economically backward students, who are meritorious.
* To organize academic outreach and social outreach programmes with the faculty and students.
* To encourage class room discussion on current issues like Social, Political, National and International to train the students to think out new solutions to the issues.
* To celebrate days of national and international importance to highlight social issues, behavioral patterns affecting attitudinal changes, encouraging healthy sentiments like communal harmony and social concerns.
* To encourage the students to think for themselves and educate themselves, utilizing the library facility, so as to enable them to acquire quality education.